At FoCul we are committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of the information provided by you when using our apps.
Depending on which of our apps you use we capture two different kinds of personal information, one that identifies you such as your email address, and another which is anonymous such as how long you spend using the app. In the case of the latter we collect the information as an overall statistic of our entire user base and never on an individual basis.
Where you provide any personal information through our apps, for example where you register and set up an account, we will use that information for the following purposes:
- to assist in providing you with the service provided by the app
- to inform you about changes to the service
- to inform you about additional content, features and updates of our apps
Where we contact you in relation to any of the above, we will only do so by email. If you do not want us to do so, you can opt out at any time by clicking on the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email from us.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets or FoCul is acquired by a third party; or
- if we are required to do so in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce these Terms.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. These servers may be located outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), and accordingly your data may be transferred and stored outside the EEA. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer and/or storing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with data protection principles. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our App; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
ANONYMOUS USAGE DATA
Whenever you use a FoCul app, we do collect anonymous data relating to your use of the app and it’s performance. The reason for this is that we need to make sure that our apps perform correctly, are easy to use and provide the best possible experience. Specifically we capture the following information;
- Time spent in the app – How much time is spent in any given area
- User Interface Events – How many times certain functions or areas of the app are activated
- Crash Reports – If the app crashes we are alerted that there’s a problem we need to fix
Some of our apps may allow you to record your voice. In all cases these recordings are stored locally on your device, accessible only to you and never uploaded or transferred anywhere else.
If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact us.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1988, the data controller is FoCul Ltd, PO Box 275, Leyland Lancashire, PR25 5WQ UK.